Finding the right health care provider requires research and planning. When looking for a provider you’ll want to select someone who:
- Treats you with respect
- Listens to your concerns
- Takes the time to answer your questions
- Explains things in ways you understand
- Accepts your insurance
Whether you are looking for a primary care provider or specialist, we can help you find the care you need, while staying in network.
In-network providers have a contract with the Compass Rose Health Plan and agree to limit what they will bill. Because of that, when you use an in-network provider, your share of covered charges consists only of your deductible and coinsurance or copayment.
If you decide to visit a doctor not in our network, your costs may be higher. Out of network providers can set their own rates and expect you to pay the difference between what we cover and the amount they bill.
Tips to help you stay in network:
- Use your plan’s provider directory to locate in-network providers and facilities.
- Research local urgent care facilities and hospitals ahead of time so you are prepared in case of an emergency.
- Before scheduling an appointment, verify that the provider accepts your insurance. Some providers may not recognize the Compass Rose Health Plan name, so ask if they accept UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus or, if you have Medicare, ask whether they accept Medicare.
- At your visit, present your health plan member ID card, which lets them know where to submit claims.