Compass Rose
Health Plan

Your partner in health

No content found

No content found

No content found

How Overseas Benefits Work


When work or travel takes you overseas, the Compass Rose Health Plan has you covered. If you need medical care outside of the 50 United States and Puerto Rico, you may see any health care provider or visit any hospital.

Your claim will be paid as in-network for covered services received overseas. There is one caveat: You pay the provider first, then you submit a completed claim form, itemized bill(s) and proof of payment. We also provide translation and currency conversion services for claims for overseas services. See Section 5(h) of our FEHB Plan Brochure for more information about how benefits are paid for services received overseas.

Overseas Pharmacy


It is best to get all of your refills before you leave the U.S., so plan as early as possible. Members living or traveling outside the U.S. can receive up to a year’s supply of medication. Simply have your doctor write a prescription for a full year’s supply with no refills. Your cost would follow the same co-pay structure as your normal refills. Certain controlled medications are not be eligible for a full-year refill. Express Scripts can mail prescriptions only to U.S.-based addresses, to State Department Pouch Mail and APO/FPO/DPO addresses.

If you obtain your prescriptions through a pharmacy overseas, you are responsible for 10% of the total cost of the drug. Please note that you may be required to pay the entire cost of the medication up front and then file an overseas claim form with UMR for reimbursement.

Contact Express Scripts at (877) 438-4449 for more information.

Filing An Overseas Claim


For covered services received outside the United States and Puerto Rico, you must submit a completed overseas claim form, itemized bills and proof of payment to UMR, our claims payer. If you are filing an overseas claim for prescription drugs, please use the overseas claim form and submit to UMR. Do not use the Express Scripts claim form or submit your claim to Express Scripts.

It is important to send all documents for your claim as soon as possible. You must submit the claim by December 31 of the year after you received the service. If you were unable to file on time because of Government administrative operations or legal incapacity, you must submit your claim as soon as reasonably possible.

To file a claim with UMR, you can either send a fax to (855) 405-2189 or mail to: 
P.O. Box 8095
Wausau, WI 54402

How to View Your Claims and EOBs Online

Members can access their claims and EOBs online through their myCompass account. This tutorial will walk you through the steps to get there.

No content found

No content found