Member Rights & Responsibilities
As a member of the Compass Rose Health Plan, you have the right to:
- Know the names and qualifications of healthcare professionals involved in your medical treatment.
- Know what services are covered including non-covered services, limitations and exclusions.
- Obtain information about applicable fees and payment policies.
- View current information, including malpractice insurance, about the healthcare professionals, hospitals and other providers that participate in the Plan.
- Instruction on how to file a complaint or appeal with the Plan.
- Be treated with consideration, dignity and respect at all times.
- Confidentiality of protected health information (PHI).
- Access emergency healthcare or after-hours services when and where the need arises.
- Participate in decisions involving your health care, including the right to refuse to participate in research, if applicable.
- Access the network for primary and specialty care, including behavioral health care.
- Select and change providers.
- Receive interpretive services, as necessary.
- Receive information concerning your evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis.
- Obtain information about advance directives.
- Communicate with healthcare providers in confidence and to have the confidentiality of your individually identifiable healthcare information protected.
As a member of the Compass Rose Health Plan, you are responsible for:
- Providing an accurate health history including information about over-the-counter and prescription medications, dietary supplements and allergies or sensitivities.
- Following the treatment and care prescribed by your healthcare providers.
- Informing providers about living wills, medical power of attorney or other directives affecting care.
- Accepting personal fiscal responsibility for costs not covered by insurance, if applicable, and adhering to all applicable fees and payment policies.
- Treating healthcare providers, staff and others with respect.
- Informing healthcare providers about other medical insurance coverage that you or your family members may have.
As of: September 27, 2023